EXTRAORDINARY CALL ARAID 2020
ARAID has launched an Extraordinary Call for applications to fill up to a maximum of 8 research positions in the areas of biosanitary research and medical technologies.
The call for applications is open to candidates of any nationality that fit the requirements of academic and research background. The call aims to recruit outstanding candidates with excellent research record and leadership capabilities.
The final number of contracts will be conditioned to the quality of the proposals and the availability of the budget according to Art. 34 of Decree-Law 4/2020, of June 24th , of the Government of Aragon, by which urgent and extraordinary measures are adopted to the promotion of the Aragonese Strategy for Social and Economic Recovery.
For those Institutions that have already a signed framework agreement with ARAID, a maximum of three applications per Institution and/or Centre will be accepted. If this rule is not met, and an Institution or Centre is found to have supported more than 3 applications, all its applications will be removed from the evaluation of the ongoing Call for applicants.
The Main Responsible and Principal Researcher of the Host Institution, may only be able to apply for candidates (by signing the Expression of Interest Form) who are going to develop their research activity in the same Center as them.
Applications must be submitted electronically via this website before 14.00h (CET) January 31th 2021.
A maximum of 8 full-time positions will be offered, starting with a 1 year long contract. These positions may be developed at Public/Private Research Centres in the region of Aragon. ARAID researchers are expected to make substantial contributions to the specific research lines indicated in this call.
It is ARAID's will to stabilize the research staff selected in this call under the indefinite contract modality, subject to compliance with the regulations currently in force regarding the expenses of personnel at the service of the public sector of the Autonomous Community of Aragon and once the existence of the necessary financing from the Budgets of the Autonomous Community of Aragon has been guaranteed in favor of ARAID to meet the obligations derived from these contracts in future years. It is expected that compliance with these requirements can be proven during the development of this call, a circumstance that in that case will be communicated, at the time of occurrence, by the same means in which this call is disclosed.
Salary ranges are pre-stablished according to the researchers experience, position and work to be performed. Contract final amounts will be aligned with salary ranges of professionals of the same level of responsability in the aimed Host Institution and in accordance with the regional legislation on the remuneration of personnel at the service of the Administration of the Autonomous Community of Aragon and its dependent entities.
ARAID will assist foreign researchers with their visa and work permit procedures. The contracts will be effective only when the candidate is able to work legally in Spain.
Requisites of the positions:
Candidates are required to have 6 or more years of postdoctoral experience and/or experience in healthcare product or service innovation position; with at least two PostDoc years spent in prestigious research centres.
Permanent staff at Host Institution cannot apply in this call, only those employees that have a temporary work contract at the Host Institution started not before 01/01/2020.
Only complete applications within the deadline will be evaluated, consisting on:
- Application, Curriculum Vitae and 2 reference letters
- A declaration of interest filled by the Host Institution of choice
Application, Curriculum Vitae and letters are provided by the Applicant Researcher. The declaration of interest is to be filled by the Research/Manager that will be the immediate superior responsible of the Researcher at the Host Institution team as recruited ARAID fellow. The interest form must be printed, signed and stamped by a Legal Representative of the Research Centre of choice, and sent by mail to ARAID before the call deadline.
ARAID has the European HR Excellence Certificate and every of its calls obey and comply with all the principles of equality and transparency.
The applications will be assessed by an external evaluation commission, whose responsibility will be to rank the different candidates according to their merits and potential. The external evaluators will be proposed by ACPUA (Agency of Quality and University Prospective of Aragon) choosing from their lists of experts, depending on the applications received in each research line. The evaluation of the received applications is by peer review, being scientific excellence and leadership capacity the main evaluation criteria.
In case two contradictory evaluations are received by the same applicant, ARAID will request the evaluation by a third additional expert. Based on this assessment, and on interviews conducted with the best ranked candidates, ARAID will make the corresponding offers, after approval of the Board of Trustees.
The Call final outcome is expected before June 30th 2021. The selected candidates have up to a maximum of one year after that date to start their contracts. Please note that Visa and Job Permit procedures should start as soon as possible.
Research lines considered:
- One Health Initiative: understood as the interaction of public health, animal health, plant health and environment
- New developments in pharmacology: molecules and devices
- Computing, modeling and computer and mobile applications in biomedicine
- New diagnostic technologies and biomedical equipment
- New therapies, tissue engineering and regenerative medicine
- Precision and personalized medicine and telemedicine
- Technological, organizational and process innovation in the healthcare system
NOTE: for all lines, it will be positively valued the application of cutting-edge and facilitating technologies: genomics, proteomics, nanotechnology; microelectronics and nanoelectronics; photonics; advanced materials; industrial biotechnology, advanced manufacturing, artificial intelligence, plain language, Internet of Medical Things (IoMT) or Big Data.
More info on Public Research Institutions and Private Companies in Aragon:
Centro Europeo de Empresas e Innovación de Aragón, S.A. (CEEIARAGON)
Consejo Aragonés de Cámaras de Comercio
Confederación de la Pequeña y Mediana Empresa
Confederación de Empresarios de Aragón
Centros y Organismos de Investigación en Aragón:
- Centros vinculados al Gobierno de Aragón:
· Centro de Investigación y Tecnología Agroalimentaria de Aragón (CITA)
· Instituto Tecnológico de Aragón (ITA)
· Instituto Aragonés de Ciencias de la Salud (I+CS)
· Zaragoza Logistics Center (ZLC)
· Fundación Centro de Estudios de Física del Cosmos de Aragón (CEFCA)
· Fundación Conjunto Paleontológico de Teruel-Dinópolis
· Fundación para el Desarrollo de Nuevas Tecnologías del Hidrógeno en Aragón
- Centros vinculados a Universidades e Institutos de Investigación:
Universidad de Zaragoza
· Universidad de Zaragoza (Incluye todos los Centros)
· Instituto Universitario de Investigación en Ingeniería de Aragón (I3A)
· Instituto Universitario de Investigación de Biocomputación y Física de Sistemas Complejos (BIFI)
· Instituto Universitario de Investigación en Nanociencia en Aragón (INA)· Escuela Politécnica Superior de Huesca (EPSH)
· Escuela Universitaria Politécnica de Teruel (EUPT)
· Instituto Universitario de Investigación en Ciencias Ambientales de Aragón (IUCA)
· Instituto Universitario de Matemáticas y Aplicaciones (IUMA)
· Escuela Universitaria Politécnica de La Almunia de Doña Godina (EUPLA)
· Instituto Universitario de Investigación CIRCE
· Centro Universitario de la Defensa (CUD)
Universidad San Jorge
- Centros propios del Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas:
· Estación Experimental de Aula Dei (EEAD)
· Instituto de Carboquímica (ICB)
· Instituto Pirenaico de Ecología (IPE)
· Centro de Química y Materiales de Aragón (CEQMA)
- Centros mixtos:
· Instituto de Ciencia de Materiales de Aragón (ICMA)
· Instituto de Síntesis Química y Catálisis Homogénea (ISQCH)
· Laboratorio de Investigación en Tecnologías de la Combustión (LITEC)
· Instituto Universitario de Investigación Mixto Agroalimentario de Aragón (IA2)
· Instituto de Investigación Sanitaria Aragón (IIS Aragón)
- Centros de innovación y tecnología:
· Centro de Investigación de Recursos y Consumos Energéticos (Fundación CIRCE)
- Parques y plataformas tecnológicas:
· Parque Científico Tecnológico de Aula Dei (PCTAD)
· Laboratorio Subterráneo de Canfranc