ARAID PROGRAMME 2021
ARAID has launched an international call for applications to fill up to a maximum of 11 research positions in different research areas. The call aims to recruit outstanding candidates with excellent research record and leadership capabilities.
The call for applications is open to candidates of any nationality that fit the requirements of academic and research background
The final number of researchers to be hired depend on the quality of the proposals and budget availability.
For those Institutions that have already a signed framework agreement with ARAID, a maximum of three applications per Institution and/or Centre will be accepted. If this rule is not met, and an Institution or Centre is found to have supported more than 3 applications, all its applications will be removed from the evaluation of the ongoing Call for applicants.
The Main Responsible and Principal Researcher of the Host Institution, may only be able to apply for candidates (by signing the Expression of Interest Form) who are going to develop their research activity in the same Center as them. A Principal Researcher will not be able to request more than in a single Center. In case of not meeting this requirement, none of the candidates presented by him will be considered. Furthermore, each candidate may only submit their application through a single Center; if it is done by several Centers, all their applications will be rejected
Applications must be submitted electronically via this website before 14.00h (CET) February 28th 2022.
A maximum of 11 full-time positions will be offered. These positions may be developed at Public/Private Research Centres in the region of Aragon. ARAID researchers are expected to make substantial contributions to their areas of research, boost the Research Teams they join/create and participate actively in the regional science-technology system. The contract offered is a full dedication, and undefined term according the local law. The scientific performance of researchers is periodically subjected to external evaluation.
Salary ranges are pre-stablished according to the researchers' experience, position and work to be performed. Contract final amounts will be aligned with salary ranges of professionals of the same level of responsability in the aimed Host Institution and in accordance with the regional legislation on the remuneration of personnel at the service of the Administration of the Autonomous of Aragon and its dependent entities.
ARAID will assist foreign researchers with their visa and work permit procedures. The contracts will be effective only when the candidate is able to work legally in Spain.
Requisites of the positions:
Candidates are required to have a minimum of 6 years of postdoctoral experience (at the end of the application submission period); with at least two PostDoc years spent in research centers of recognized national or international prestige, outside of Aragon.
Permanent staff at Host Institution cannot apply in this call, only those employees that have a temporary work contract at the Host Institution started not before 01/01/2021.
Researchers who were hired by ARAID within the Extraordinary Call 2020 may, however, submit their application, even if they ara working at the Center requesting the position.
Only complete applications within the deadline will be evaluated, consisting on:
- Application, Curriculum Vitae and 2 reference letters
- A declaration of interest filled by the Host Institution of choice.
Application, Curriculum Vitae and letters are provided by the Applicant Researcher. The declaration of interest is to be filled by the Research/Manager that will be the immediate superior responsible of the Researcher at the Host Institution team as recruited ARAID fellow. The interest form must be printed, signed and stamped by the Centre's Legal Representative, and sent by post (with handwritten signature) to ARAID or by mail to email@example.com (with electronic signature), before the call deadline.
ARAID has the European HR Excellence certificate and all its calls obey and comply with the principles of equality and transparency.
The applications will be assessed by an external evaluation commission, whose responsibility will be to rank the different candidates according to their merits and potential. The external evaluators will be proposed by ACPUA (Agency of Quality and University Prospective of Aragon) choosing from their lists of experts, depending on the applications received in each area of Knowledge. The evaluation of the received applications is by peer review, being scientific excellence and leadership capacity the main evaluation criteria. In case two contradictory evaluations are received by the same applicant, ARAID will request the evaluation by a third additional expert. Based on this assessment, and on interviews conducted with the best ranked candidates, ARAID will make the corresponding offers, after approval of the Board of Trustees.
The Call final outcome is expected before June 30th 2022. The selected candidates have up to a maximum of one year after that date to start their contracts. Please note that Visa and Job Permit procedures should start as soon as possible.
Research priority areas in the region:
- Biomedicine and health sciences
- Information and communication technology
- Agri-Food science and technology
- Social and cultural development
- Environment and sustainability
- Nanosciences and nanotechnology
- Technological development based on new materials and processing
In this call and exceptionally, applications that work with research groups involved in any of the four Complementary Plans of the Ministry granted to Aragon will be evaluated. These Complementary R + D + I Plans with the Autonomous Communities are a new instrument for establishing collaborations between the State and the Autonomous Communities in R + D + I actions in which common priorities of the regional and state plans confuse, being one of the tools derived from the Recovery, Transformation and Resilience Plan to overcome the COVID-19 crisis and respond in the next decade. Specifically, proposals aligned with the following areas will be evaluated:
- Green energy and hydrogen. Decarbonization of the heavy transport sector and industry through the application of green hydrogen technologies (Technological Institute of Aragon - ITAINNOVA, Foundation for the Development of New Hydrogen Technologies in Aragon and University of Zaragoza)
- Agri-food. Agrifood Transition (Aragón Agrifood Research Center - CITA)
- Astrophysics and high energy physics. Illuminating the Dark Universe: Material and Dark Energy (Center for Physics Studies of the Cosmos of Aragon - CEFCA, Technological Institute of Aragon - ITAINNOVA and University of Zaragoza)
- Advanced materials. Advanced functional materials for smart devices (Institute of Nanoscience and Materials of Aragon - INMA, Technological Institute of Aragon - ITAINNOVA)
More info on Public Research Institutions and Private Companies in Aragon:
Centro Europeo de Empresas e Innovación de Aragón, S.A. (CEEIARAGON)
Consejo Aragonés de Cámaras de Comercio
Confederación de la Pequeña y Mediana Empresa
Confederación de Empresarios de Aragón
Centros y Organismos de Investigación en Aragón:
- Centros vinculados al Gobierno de Aragón:
· Centro de Investigación y Tecnología Agroalimentaria de Aragón (CITA)
· Instituto Tecnológico de Aragón (ITA)
· Instituto Aragonés de Ciencias de la Salud (I+CS)
· Zaragoza Logistics Center (ZLC)
· Fundación Centro de Estudios de Física del Cosmos de Aragón (CEFCA)
· Fundación Conjunto Paleontológico de Teruel-Dinópolis
· Fundación para el Desarrollo de Nuevas Tecnologías del Hidrógeno en Aragón
- Centros vinculados a Universidades e Institutos de Investigación:
Universidad de Zaragoza
· Universidad de Zaragoza (Incluye todos los Centros)
· Instituto Universitario de Investigación en Ingeniería de Aragón (I3A)
· Instituto Universitario de Investigación de Biocomputación y Física de Sistemas Complejos (BIFI)
· Escuela Politécnica Superior de Huesca (EPSH)
· Escuela Universitaria Politécnica de Teruel (EUPT)
· Instituto Universitario de Investigación en Ciencias Ambientales de Aragón (IUCA)
· Instituto Universitario de Matemáticas y Aplicaciones (IUMA)
· Instituto Universitario de Investigación en en Patrimonio y Humanidades (IPH)
· Instituto Universitario de Investigación en Empleo, Sociedad Digital y Sostenibilidad (IEDIS)
· Escuela Universitaria Politécnica de La Almunia de Doña Godina (EUPLA)
· Instituto Universitario de Investigación CIRCE
· Centro Universitario de la Defensa (CUD)
Universidad San Jorge
- Centros propios del Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas:
· Estación Experimental de Aula Dei (EEAD)
· Instituto de Carboquímica (ICB)
· Instituto Pirenaico de Ecología (IPE)
· Centro de Química y Materiales de Aragón (CEQMA)
- Centros mixtos:
· Instituto de Nanociencia y Materiales de Aragón (INMA)
· Instituto de Síntesis Química y Catálisis Homogénea (ISQCH)
· Laboratorio de Investigación en Tecnologías de la Combustión (LITEC)
· Instituto Universitario de Investigación Mixto Agroalimentario de Aragón (IA2)
· Instituto de Investigación Sanitaria Aragón (IIS Aragón)
- Centros de innovación y tecnología:
· Centro de Investigación de Recursos y Consumos Energéticos (Fundación CIRCE)
- Parques y plataformas tecnológicas:
· Laboratorio Subterráneo de Canfranc