ARAID has launched an international call for applications to fill 8 research positions in different areas. The call for applications is open to any candidate that fills the requirements of academic background as well as a significant postdoctoral experience. However, only outstanding candidates with excellent research record and leadership capabilities will be considered. Applications must be submitted electronically through this website before 14.00 h (CET) June 10th 2011.
The final number of researchers to be hired depends on the quality of the proposals and budget availability.
Characteristics of the positions:
8 full-time contract positions are offered within this call, and it is generally expected that the successful candidates will become permanent staff of ARAID after the cofunded initial period, and will boost teams from the universities or research centres in the premises of these cooperating host institutions (please see the host institutions list below). ARAID researchers are expected to make substantial contributions to their own areas of research and be active members of the regional science-technology system.
The average salary offered will distinguish between two types of fellowship schemes:
- Experienced fellows : PhDs with 6 to 10 years of research experience
- Very experienced fellows: PhDs with more than 10 years of experience and an research stage of at least two years in a research institution/centre located in a different country to the one were obtained its PhD.
ARAID will assist with visa and work permit procedures. The contract will be effective only when the selected candidates are able to work legally and effectively start their research projects.
Contract start during first quarter 2012.
Requisites for the candidates:
- Be in possession of a doctoral degree
- Have at least six years of full-time equivalent research experience
- Comply with one of these two types of trans-national mobility taken into account by the ARAID-EU Programme:
Incoming mobility for non-residents in Spain or residents that have not resided for more than 12 months in the past 3 years;
Re-integration of Member State or Associated Country nationals, non-residents in Spain, having carried out research in a third country (Third countries which are neither EU Member States nor associated to FP7) for at least 3 years, to establish them in a longer-term career after this trans-national mobility period.
The applications will be assessed by an independent evaluation commission, whose responsibility will be to rank the different candidates for a given position according to their merits and potential. Based on this assessment, and on interviews conducted with the best candidates, ARAID will make the corresponding offers, after approval of the Board of Trustees.
- Biomedicine and health sciences
- Information and communication technology
- Food science and technology
- Social and cultural development
- Environment and sustainability
- Nanosciences and nanotechnology
- Technological development based on new materials and processing
ARAIDEU Project and its related Calls have been co-funded by FP7 Marie Skłodowska-Curie COFUND programme